Thai- Chinese International School(“TCIS”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. Thus, we provide this privacy notice to inform our customers of our policy in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of personal data of individual (“you”) in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 (“PDPA”), relevant laws and regulations.
PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice informs you of how we collect, use, or disclose your personal data, what and why we collect, use or disclose your personal data, how long we hold it, your rights, what steps we will take to make sure your personal data stays private and secure, and how you can contact us.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT, USE OR DISCLOSE
The type of personal data, namely personal data, and sensitive personal data, which we collect, use or disclose, varies on the scope of products and/or services that you may have used or had an interest in. The type of personal data shall include but not limited to:
|Example of Personal Data
|Identification details and authentication details
|Sensitive Personal data
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
LAWFUL BASIS THAT USE TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Consent is only one of the legal bases for processing personal data, and other legal bases for data processing under the PDPA include:
- Vital Interest: the prevention or suppression of dangers to a person’s life, body or health.
- Perform Contract: where the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party or for a precontractual request of the data subject.
- Public Task: where the processing is necessary for the data controller’s mission carried out for the public interest or for the exercise of public powers granted to the data controller.
- Legitimate Interest: where the processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of the data controller or another person, which do not override the data subject’s fundamental rights in the personal data.
- Legal Obligation: the compliance with the data controller’s legal obligations.
- Research: the preparation of historical, archival, research- or statistics-related documents.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We sometimes need to share your Personal Information with third parties (this can involve third parties disclosing Personal Information to us and us disclosing Personal Information to them).
These third parties may include: 3rd Party processing partner categories below
Type of Third Party
- Rediker Software
- F&B International Co., Ltd.
- Khun Panus, school bus service
- Allianz Ayudhya Assurance Pcl.
- AIG Insurance
- Fubon Insurance Broker Co., Ltd.
- HSC Consulting (Thailand) Ltd.
- Mingtai Thai Insurance Broker Company Limited
- Bangkok Insurance Public Company Limited
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Some of our external third parties are based outside the Kingdom of Thailand so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the Kingdom of Thailand permitted by consent or other lawful bases such as performance of a contract or legal obligation etc.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the Kingdom of Thailand, we ensure a similar degree of protection or higher is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the PDPC
Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the ASEAN group of countries that give personal data the same protection it has in the Kingdom of Thailand
We also carry out Data Transfer Impact assessments before transferring your data.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered, disclosed or being unavailable. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for 1 years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Request erasure below for further information.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notification.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. We set out below a brief description of such rights:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”): This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of your personal data: This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data: This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data: Where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms
- Request restriction of processing your personal data: This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; or
- you have objected to our use of your data, but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party: We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data: However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact [email protected]
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or would like more details about our privacy notice, please contact us through the following channels:
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change or update this privacy notice from time to time and we will inform the updated privacy notice at our website www.tcis.ac.th/privacy-policy
Version May 2022